Are you a man who loves bourbon but still craves something refreshing during these steamy summer days? Have we got the summer cocktail for you! The delicious and refreshing Buck is a category of cocktails that blend ginger beer or ginger ale with citrus and spirit. You may very well come across a Gin Buck—an increasingly popular throwback cocktail—in your tippling adventures, but today we are focusing on that golden elixir, Kentucky bourbon. You’ll be a celebrated drink maestro when you hand out a few of these at your next barbecue (and of course we mean real barbecue).
- .5 oz Fresh lemon juice
- 1 Medium strawberry
- 1.5 oz Bulleit Bourbon
- .5 oz Simple syrup (one part sugar, one part water)
- 2 dashes Angostura Bitters
- Ginger beer
- Lemon & strawberries, for garnish
- In a shaker, muddle the lemon juice and strawberry.
- Add the bourbon, simple syrup and bitters, and fill with ice.
- Shake, and strain into a Collins glass filled with fresh ice.
- Top off the glass with ginger beer
- Garnish with a lemon wheel and a thinly sliced strawberry.